Posted by Xenor Vernix on Jan 26, 2014 - 23:35.
If you are looking for THE FASTEST WAY to reach the level cap with any class or job, this FFXIV Leveling Guide by Killer Guides is a definite must have! There is nothing that comes even close in regards to level of detail and overall quality.
This weekend Square Enix hosted their 12th live letter from the producer. The letter was centred around the upcoming patch 2.2 as well as other things. Patch 2.2 is titled "Through the Maelstrom" and is scheduled to be released in March. However there is a patch 2.2 which is scheduled to be released on February 22nd; the same day as the PS4 beta begins.
Features scheduled for 2.16:
Retainer summoning bell in Revenant's Toll
Improvements to market board, including a wish list.
Summon a random minion and mount.
Dhorme Chimera and Hydra fights added to the Duty Finder.
Gear sets automatically substitude main arm when the item is no longer there.
Cooldown timer for timeworn maps.
Character stats will affect quick synthesis success rates.
Gear dyeing preview.
Notification feature for the Party Finder.
Party invitation decline feature (not sure what this means).
Mog letter history.
New achievement rewards.
New feature to reselect focus targets.
Map marker feature.
More action icons for macros.
New command to have characters look at the camera.
Characters will appear wet during rainy weather.
Potential targets will have a glowing outline when hovering the mouse over them.
Patch 2.2 will come in March and it will be a big one, brining new raid content, new dungeons and a new primal. Below is a summary of what was shown and what we now know on patch 2.2.
Amdapor Township will be added. This is a new dungeon to learn more about Amdapor.
Amdapor Township will be the hardest dungeon yet, ilevel not yet revealed.
Amdapor Township is for parties of 4 with the entrance west of Camp Tranquil.
A new Allagan Tomestone will be added to the dungeon.
Pharos Sirius will have its difficulty reduced.
Halatali and Brayflox's Longstop hard modes will be added.
A new primal will be added in every major patch from now on.
Leviathan will be added in 2.2, both hard mode and extreme mode. For 8 players.
Hard mode will be for the main scenario so will not be too difficult.
The primal will drop a strong weapon; ilevel revealed in the next live letter.
SMN will not be able to summon Leviathan because Square Enix does not want to give the job new skills without giving every other job new skills. New skills will be added when the level cap is increased in the first expansion pack.
Good King Moggle Mog XII extreme mode will be added.
The Binding Coil of Bahamut:
4 new turns will be added, with none being like turn 3 (no bosses, no loot).
The sub name for the turns will be Invasion, however the name may still change.
The entrance to turns 6-9 appears to be in North Shroud.
As with turns 1-5, progress will be recorded for turns 6-9.
You will be required to clear turns 1-5 in order to enter turns 6-9.
Turns 1-5 will be added to the Duty Finder and the weekly lock out removed. Difficulty will be "eased".
A new buff will be added to help players struggling with turns 1-5.
There will be a new item level for the gear rewards.
The Glamors system will be added (formerly known as the vanity system.)
New crafting recipes will be added for high item level gear, glamours and other stuff.
New hair styles will be added.
Adjustments to help prevent kick feature abuse.
Kobold and Sahagin beast tribe quests will be added.
New fishing challenges will be added.
Broom minion, mini Kobold minion will be added.
Along with patch info, some unrelated things were also mentioned during the live letter. These are highlighted below.
The PS4 version of FFXIV: ARR will be released on April 14th 2014.
Pre-orders will begin on January 27th 2014.
The CE will give a fat chocobo mount and a wind up moogle minion.
People who already own a CE on PC or PS3 will also receive these items.
The FFXIV: ARR Official Soundtrack will be released on March 27th 2014.
It will contain 119 songs, 6 hours 40 of music up to patch 2.1.
A wind up Bahamut minion will come with the soundtrack.
A 469 page strategy guide will be released on February 27th 2014.
Square Enix will look at house prices again at the end of February.
Small houses will be able to build an airship in the basement.
A special mount may be added to help get people playing as tanks.
A Valentines day event will run from February 4th to February 24th.
The Lightning Returns event will return from February 4th to February 17th.
As a side note we realise a lot of 2.1 content still needs to be added to the website. This will be done very soon. I was on holiday for the first 3-4 weeks of patch 2.1 so things were delayed.
0 comments - Post Comment
Posted by Xenor Vernix on Nov 23, 2013 - 12:52.
Yesterday saw the tenth live letter from the producer, and with it a lot of information on patch 2.1. The patch was announced to be released on December 17th 2013, just in time for Christmas! The patch features new dungeons, primal extreme battles, the Crystal Tower, job balancing changes, duty finder updates and more. The highlights from the live letter are below.
- Recast times for some Dragoon and Lancer skills will be adjusted (they didn't say which).
- The time in which movement is locked after jumping will be reduced, making it easier to dodge.
- Improvements will also be made to where the player lands after a jump.
- Overall the job will be receiving a DPS boost of around 10%.
- The buff effect of Greased Lightning will be increased.
- An increase to the bonus damage from attacks from behind.
- Changes to cross class actions that can be set. This is most likely going to be a nerf as SE feel Bard is too strong. But they have yet to say what.
- Bug fix on being able to cast Flare twice in a row. Most likely referring to how your MP sometimes ticks as a spell goes off. (Ever cast Fire III when under Umbral Ice and had full MP afterwards?)
: (These were announced just before the live letter)
- There are a lot of changes to both Marauder and Warrior skills, reducing TP cost or recast time as well as buffing the job's defence. There are too many changes to list here, so check out the full forum post on the changes here
Hard Mode Dungeons
- Pharos Sirius will be added. This is a new level 50 dungeon for groups of 4. It will drop ilevel 60 gear.
- The dungeon is in La Noscea and appears to be the building that has the piece of Dalamud going through it. The dungeon is related to the Isles of Umbra part of the main story.
- The requirement to enter will be AF gear (so ilevel 50).
- The boss of Pharos Sirius will be iconic FF.
- There will be gimmicks in the dungeon that are new.
- Copperbell Mines and Haukke Manor will receice hard modes.
- The differences in hard mode will include atmospheric changes, partial route changes, boss changes, and mechanic changes.
- There will be some story tied to the hard mode dungeons.
- Hard mode dungeons will drop ilevel 60 gear and reward tomestones.
- Housing related items that can only be obtained in them will be added.
- The benefits of hard mode dungeons is to expand your options for obtaining Allagan tomestones.
- The item level required to enter the Crystal Tower will be 55.
- Crystal Tower rewards will be need/greed between the party of 8 rather than the full 24. (If you don't know already the raid works with each party of 8 taking a different path.)
- The three parties can sometimes assist each other but not always.
- Crystal Tower rewards will be item level 80.
- Unfortunately you will not be able to form your own alliance, you can only enter with 8 and get 16 randoms.
- Progress will not be recorded so unlike the Binding Coil of Bahamut you can repeat it as much as you like.
- There will be a party and alliance chat channel.
- Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology can be obtained as rewards.
- The Playstation 3 version will have no problems with the alliance UI display.
- The item level required to fight extreme primals will be 70.
- You can fight these after defeating Titan hard mode; they are the next step in the main story.
- The fights will be so hard recovering from a bad mistake may be impossible.
- When you clear Ifrit, Garuda and Titan extreme you will be rewarded with an ilevel 90 weapon.
- The fights will be available in the duty finder. (good luck :P)
Other Battle Content
- The Good King Moggle Mog XII fight will be a little bit more difficult than Garuda hard mode.
- The Moogle fight will drop ilevel 80 weapons. We find this odd since Titan hard mode will be harder and drops weaker weapons.
- The music from the fight will be the same as it was in 1.0.
- Allagan weapons will be increased to ilevel 95. There is confusion as to whether this applies to gear too.
- A hard mode Ultima Weapon fight will be added.
- There will be limitations on the duty finder kick feature (to prevent griefing). You can only use it if you enter solo.
- The party recruitment system will change, making it easy to tailor runs to your objectives. This most likely refers to the current conflicts of some players wanting a speed run while some players want a normal or story run.
- The MVP system has become MIP (Most Impressive Player). It's a way to thank nice players.
- The Duty Roulette can only be used solo (This is a feature that gives you a bonus for choosing a dungeon at random).
- For the Duty Roulette content will be grouped into low level dungeons (Aurum Vale and below), high level dungeons (Wanderer's Palace, Amdapor Keep, Pharos Sirius, Copperbell Mines Hard and Haukke Manor Hard), hard mode primals and story dungeons (Castrum and Praetorium)
- Chimera and Hydra fights will some day be added to the duty finder but not for 2.1.
- An Arcanist under 30 will still not be able to queue up as a healer, but this will be changed in the future.
0 comments - Post Comment
- For end-game content the character's position will be checked more frequently, giving faster response times.
- Changing your hair style in the beauty salon will cost 2000 gil. There are no limitations on using this.
- Hair colour, eyebrows, face paint and colour, facial hair, facial features and tattoos can all be modified.
- The Phial of Fantasia will become an optional service in the future.
- The drop rates for furnishing items receiving in hard primal battles will be increased. New ones will drop from extreme battles.
Posted by Xenor Vernix on Nov 04, 2013 - 00:32.
Just thought I'd make a post to talk about recent updates. While there has not been a new post for over a month that does not mean the site has not been updated in that long.
The past couple of weeks I have been hard at work completing the equipment and item database. This should now contain every item in the game. You might be thinking why bother when Square Enix released their own version, but we use ours for other content as well such as the loot lists on dungeon pages or the recommended equipment on job guides. Both of which would be impossible without an item database. By completing this those features are now even more accurate now.
Talking of those extra features, I have added further equipment to the dungeon loot lists based on all your comments, and further improved the job guides based on feedback.
I have also added a new Raids section to the navigation, where the Binding Coil of Bahamut and other future raids will sit. The idea behind these pages is you get a bit strategy for each area, the maps, screenshots and the loot lists. Kinda like the dungeon pages. Admittedly turns 4 and 5 are a bit incomplete right now due to not having much experience with them, however the loot lists are there. These will of course be updated in time.
Going forward there will be more focus on the upcoming 2.1 patch and bringing you the latest info as it happens. This patch is most likely going to come in December.
0 comments - Post Comment
Posted by Xenor Vernix on Sep 26, 2013 - 00:02.
This week we've been hard at work writing guides for most of the end game content in FFXIV: ARR. The guides are intended to help those new to the content and those who are struggling with the fights. The Coil of Bahamut is missing but a guide for that will come at a later date.
The most general guide is simply called End Game
; it explains what all of the end-game content is, when you should be doing it, which order and how well geared up you should be. Of course if you are already playing end-game content then this serves no use for you.
Then there is the Amdapor Keep
guide, what started out as a simple dungeon listing became a fully fleshed guide on how to complete the dungeon and beat each boss. You also have the loot list and map to go with it. This is the plan for all end-game dungeons and raids going forward.
There is also a guide for the relic quest - A Relic Reborn
which takes you through each stage of the relic quest. The guide does not go into detail on the primal fights because we felt these were big enough content to deserve their own guides. Therefore you can find Ifrit
guides as well.
We hope that you find these useful, and if there are any errors or suggested additions feel free to mention them.
The next guides on the list are a revisit of the job guides. Scholar and Summoner need adding, and the equipment sections of all existing job guides need fixing. We're thinking maybe this should just be automated based on the ilevel of gear.
Talking of ilevel and equipment; the sorting on the equipment database will be changed to factor in ilevel in the very near future. Right now it is level followed by damage (weapons)/item name (equipment), it should really be level then ilevel. Also a new link has been added to the equipment database; for the Allagan
gear which is dropped from the Coil of Bahamut.
0 comments - Post Comment
Posted by Xenor Vernix on Sep 09, 2013 - 19:12.
Square Enix have made two big announcements today regarding the PS4 version of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.
The first is that anyone purchasing the PS3 version of the game will be entitled to a free copy of the game on their PS4. While it has not been stated in which form this will almost certainly be a digital download. Even if you purchased a disk version they can give you this upgrade because registration codes are linked to your account.
The second big announcement is that PS4 beta testing will begin on February 22nd; the same day the console is launched in Japan. It is not yet known whether this beta will be available to every region or just Japan, but more details will come before then I'm sure.
It is also worth mentioning that Square Enix plans to upgrade the PC version at the same time, with a free DirectX 11 version available to PC users. While this bit of news has been known for a while it may be something some people are unaware of.
0 comments - Post Comment
«« Older News »»